Friday 1 May 2009

epiphany

Today I had what can only be described as a heel epiphany. There I was, clumping down the road, feeling a bit self-conscious. I got on the train a heel novice, but when I got off at Lewes, something had changed.
Here is a reconstruction of the lightbulb moment:
They suddenly felt natural - comfortable, even. I didn't even change into my emergency flats for the walk home.
Perhaps it's because I spent most of Tuesday in heels only the bravest drag queen would attempt walking unaided in, that these little 3-inchers are a piece of cake for my high arches.
Perhaps today, I became a woman. Next stop - the dreaded and vertiginous ASOS heeled gladiators I've yet to wear.
Has anyone else had a moment of enlightenment like this?

1 comment:

  1. Loving your outfit in that pic and jealous of your new found heel-ability!

    ReplyDelete